Based in Vancouver, Canada
Trapped in darkness, you must use visualized sound to guide your way through threatening environments. The sounds you create will bounce off obstacles, revealing the shape of the surrounding world. It won't be long before your only way of sensing the world attracts a horrifying evil that devours both sound and souls.
Survive through 80 levels that will make your heart race and leave you with an irrational fear of red lines. A foreboding soundscape, best experienced with headphones, sets the tone for your journey. Explore, solve puzzles, and most importantly - stay alive.
Dark Echo was originally developed for the Ludum Dare 48 hour game jam under the name “You Must Escape,” where it placed 2nd overall out of 1600 entries. The theme was minimalism so every aspect of the game's design and visuals is as minimalistic as possible.
- Echo-location to visualize the world around you
- Craft the world in your own imagination guided by a small amount of audio stimuli
- Escape from the horrifying unknown that desires nothing more than to devour your soul
- A unique experience best played in the dark, late at night, alone.
Let's Play - Markiplier YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Excellence Award (Entertainment Division)" 19th Japan Media Arts Festival, Tokyo, 2016
- "Excellence in Innovation (Nominated)" International Mobile Gaming Awards, 2016
- "Most Innovative iPhone Game of 2015" Apple, 2015
- "Best Games of 2015" Google Play, 2015
- "Indie Game Revolution Exhibition" EMP Museum, 2015
- "Official Selection" IndieCade, 2015
- "The PAX 10" PAX Prime, 2015
- "2nd Place Overall, 2nd Place Innovation" Ludum Dare 26 Game Jam, April 2013
- "Dark Echo is a brilliant, unique, and incredibly tense must-have masterpiece."
- Shaun Musgrave, TouchArcade
- "A masterful execution of minimalist design… play this with headphones, in the dark, alone."
- Christian Valentin, Indie Game Enthusiast
- "One of the creepiest and most creative horror games on the App Store."
- Jordan Minor, 148 Apps
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
RAC7 is a two person team from Vancouver, Canada. We make fun and innovative games for mobile and desktop.
More information on RAC7, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Dark Echo Credits
Programmer + Designer
Artist + Designer