Based in Vancouver, Canada
January 25, 2017
Split the world with a swipe of your finger and then rearrange it to guide critters back to their spaceship. Explore colorful planets full of danger, challenging puzzles, and innovative mechanics that will make you think in new ways. The immersive soundscapes of each world, best experienced with headphones, set the tone for your journey. No advertisements or in-app purchases.
Splitter Critters was originally built for the 35th Ludum Dare game jam where the theme was Shapeshift. After seeing it's potential we began working on a finished version immediately. Splitter Critters was released on January 25th 2017 for iOS and February 8th on Android. A Steam version will be available later this year.
- A unique mechanic that's deceptively hard to master
- Mind-bending puzzles with a variety of creative solutions
- Different types of critters each with their own quirks and abilities
- A variety of biomes and planets to rescue critters from, each with their own immersive soundscape
- Environmental mechanics such as laser beams, reflective surfaces, liquids, moving platforms and more!
- New levels to be added in future updates
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Apple Design Award" Apple
- "Editor's Choice" Apple
- "The PAX 10" PAX West, September 2016
- "Most Innovative Game" Casual Connect USA, July 2016
- "Best Game Design" Casual Connect USA, July 2016
- "Best Mobile Game (Nominated)" Casual Connect USA, July 2016
- "1st Place Innovation, 2nd Place Overall" Ludum Dare 35 Game Jam, April 2016
- "It’s a remarkable puzzler that’s a joy to play – any way you slice it!"
- KJ Robertson, Alpha Beta Gamer
RAC7 is a two person team from Vancouver, Canada. We make fun and innovative games for mobile and desktop.
More information on RAC7, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Splitter Critters Credits
Programmer + Designer
Artist + Designer
A Shell In the Pit
Music + Sound